Saturday, December 31, 2016
New Year's Eve
I have been participating in Julie Hedlund's 12 Days of Christmas which changed my mindset of New Year's Resolutions. We have studied and learned from last year's personal successes, discouragements, and self-reflections and are now making a concrete path for 2017. I like how this has been contemplated rather than just grabbing resolutions from thin air, as I have always done. I chose the above graphic from Google's public domain because I felt like it depicts the journey.
Next year, I plan to work towards these goals for my writing life.
1. Make a weekly focus list to make my writing plans more intentional.
2. Get my projects organized so that I can grab one to work on.
3. Participate in Tara Lazar's StoryStrom to get my creative juices flowing.
4. Sign-up and participate in Julie Hedlund's 2x12.
5. Work through The Artist's Way, a "creativity" book.
6. Find a critique group.
7. Go to a SCBWI local meeting - yikes!
Posted by Tracy J Hora
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
You can do it, Tracy! I was intimidated and nervous about going to my local SCBWI meeting too, but enjoyed it once I got there.ReplyDelete
Thanks for the encouragement on that. I am going to add the first few to my calendar.Delete
I love your list, and I'm so glad I'll see you in 12 x 12! I've done The Artist's Way, and it's totally worth it. I'll also see you in StoryStorm! :-)ReplyDelete
Yay! Can't wait either.ReplyDelete